2012-06-24: Version 1.6.2
Hatari 1.6.2 has been released. You can download it from
Thanks to all the people who contributed to this version with code, ideas, bug reports. Let's keep on improving Hatari !
- Some fixes for overscan screen in STF/STE
- Better IKBD/ACIA compatibility
- Improved audio filters for YM2149 and DMA sound
- Several improvements in Falcon mode : DSP, CPU, MMU, FPU, videl borders
- Various fixes for FDC, SCSI, printer output, ...
- Fixes to the SDL UI, OSX UI and python UI
- Improvements to the debugger
See release-notes.txt for more details.
Fixed Games : Hammerfist, Operation Clean Streets, Impossible Mission II, Hades Nebula, Zombi
Fixed Demos : Antiques by Dune/Sector One, Built-in Obsolescence, Japtro and Rising Force by Holocaust,
Delirious Demos IV, The Wave Of the Future by ICE, Electrocution I by Sphere, Musical Wonders 1990 by Offbeat
2012-01-13: Version 1.6.1
This version is mainly a bugfix for 1.6.0, where monochrome mode
gave a black screen and was not usable. You can download it from
- Fixes to bootup issues in monochrome mode
- Better left border removal timings (fixed Vodka Demo - Kill The Beast 2)
- DSP external memory access cycles taken into account
- Fix to allow build with Xcode 3.1.3/OS X 10.5.8 PPC
- Several fixes & updates needed to Hatari UI & hconsole
for them to work correctly with Hatari v1.6.x
- Removed a potential segfault in the debugger
2012-01-01: Version 1.6.0
Hatari 1.6.0 "Happy New Year 2012" has been released. You can download it from
- More accurate FDC emulation (correct status bits and commands' timings, DMA
transfer by blocks of 16 bytes, floppy change detection). This should fix a
lot of non working games, as well as a few demos
- More accurate microwire clock emulation
- SCSI class 1 (ICD) command support for drives > 1 GB
- Improve shifter (add another method to do 4 pixel hardware scrolling,
better emulation for 0 byte blank line)
- Some fixes to the IKBD emulation
- Better filters and model for sound emulation
- Correct VBL timings in TT monochrome (double clicking works now)
- More cycle accurate Falcon DSP-CPU interface emulation. All the demos that
needed 32Mhz CPU with the old CPU core in Hatari v1.5, work now at
correct 16Mhz with the WinUAE CPU core
- 030 MMU emulation with the WinUAE CPU core
- Debugger improvements : "history" command to list instructions executed
before entering debugger
- Fixed behavior of the Caps Lock key
2011-12-01: The Hatari project is moving to tuxfamily.org
Since the future of BerliOS is still unclear, we decided to move the Hatari
project now to a new host. Starting with today, Hatari will now be hosted on
tuxfamily.org. Our new homepage is
so please update your bookmarks!
Information about downloading Hatari releases and about how to clone the new
Mercurial repository can be found here:
Of course we will also need a new mailing list since the list at BerliOS
might not survive in 2012. Please visit the following page for information
about how to join the new mailing lists:
Please have a look at the new website, test the new mercurial repository, join
the new mailing list(s) and if you hit a problem, get in touch with us.
2011-07-19: Version 1.5.0
Hatari 1.5.0 has been released. You can download it from
- On STE, correctly shift display 8 pixels to the left when using 224 bytes
overscan (e.g. recent demos by DHS)
- Add support for spec512 mode in med res (fixes 'Best Part Of The Creation'
in 'Punish Your Machine', 'HighRes Mode' demo by Paradox)
- Precisely emulate the number of frames per sec (eg 50.053 fps in PAL instead
of the usual 50 Hz), required for correct video/audio sync under STE (e.g.
More Or Less Zero by DHS)
- Sound improvements for STE, major rewrite of the DMA audio, precision should
be really close to a real STE (e.g. HexTracker by Paulo Simoes)
- Improved precision in sound emulation, with nearly no rounding errors over
successive VBL during many hours.
- By default mix 3 YM voices using a lookup table of values measured on real
STF to improve digisoun (e.g. Flashback demo by TCB)
- Alternative CPU core based on WinUAE for more accurate Falcon emulation,
including 68030 timings, MMU, ...
- Improvements in DSP emulation.
- Various changes in the SDL GUI
- Many more functions in the built in debugger
- Atari program given as argument to Hatari will be automatically started
after TOS boots
- Many more small fixes related to video, audio, ikbd, ...