[hatari-users] Video padding

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Sat Oct 15 11:58:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

On lauantai 15 lokakuu 2011, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Oct 2011, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> >> It looks similar to the fullscreen mode when video/freq is not changed
> >> and we keep the same desktop resolution. Perhaps Eero could add this
> >> functionnality by extending the '--desktop' option ?
> >
> > If one currently uses --desktop option and does recording in
> > fullscreen, does it already produce the desired result?
> >
> > I.e. this is a request to have something similar also in windowed mode:
> > 	--fixed-rez 800x480
> > ?
>
> sorry about the delay, it's been one of those weeks at work.
>
> Good idea about using the --desktop option, I hadn't thought of that.
> It works and the resolution changes doesn't give different sized frames.

Good.

> The slight problem is that I get a 1680x1050 resolution video dump (or
> bigger if I use an external screen) :-)

I guess this is a problem because it slows down the Hatari saving and
files are larger + cropping / re-compressing the result in video editor
takes longer & more memory...

> --fixed-rez 800x600 parameter sounds awesome, especially for windowed
> mode

It will probably affect both fullscreen & video mode.  I.e.
which ever of the --fixed-rez or --desktop option is given
later, wins.

I'll take a look at that later (hopefully before year end, for
now I'm busy with AHCC & EmuTOS).  If you don't hear anything
from be by early next month, please remind. :-)

	- Eero