[hatari-users] Note on hard disk images and GEMDOS drives

Uwe Seimet Uwe.Seimet at seimet.de
Sun Nov 15 12:38:14 CET 2009

Hi,

> However, with Hatari GEMDOS emulation it's possible to have just *specific*
> files read-only so that the emulated programs cannot write them.  What would
> be the correct error to return for those when program tries to set them as
> writable?  File access denied (GEMDOS_EACCDN) or device being write
> protected (GEMDOS_EWRPRO)?

GEMDOS_EACCDN looks right for me because we are on the file level, whereas
GEMDOS_EWRPRO works on the device level.

> This should work.  I think the issue is with Fattrib.

I found that when trying to write an error code is returned, but HDDRUTIL
doesn't yet display an error message. I have fixed that.

> In current GEMDOS emulation setting of file timestamp is explicitly
> disabled.    I assume this is to avoid lots of files with "broken"
> timestamps from programs that cannot handle timestamps from
> this millenium.

An option to enable the timestamp handling would be useful.

Best regards

Uwe