[hatari-devel] Small test to run on STE

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Thu Feb 16 22:27:48 CET 2012

On 16/02/2012 22:03, Konador, Cyprian wrote:
> My STE doesn't boot with 1MB, therefore I've checked with 2MB and the result is $3f

thanks, that's interesting. So the STE is masking $ff8205 with $3f
(which is the maximum possible RAM on STF/STE) whatever the real size of
the current RAM is (but it's true it would be more complicated to take
the RAM size into account at the hardware level for $ff8205).

I will add this to Hatari, as this is the method use by the Delirious
Demo IV) to detect an STE is used instead of an STF.

Nicolas

>>> move.b #$ff,$ff8205
>>> move.b $ff8205,d1