[hatari-devel] Debugger crash changes / zeroing global variables

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Jan 15 15:19:26 CET 2012

On 15/01/2012 00:13, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> yes, of course. But in the end, I think the problem happens only with
> TB2 specific timings, so even if variables are in different order,
> unless a program does the same thing as TB2, then there should be no
> problem.

I fixed the problem ; it could happen when starting in color mode and
switching to hi res for more than 1 full VBL, which is a very rare case
and certainly impacted only European Demos and Transbeauce II.

Hopefully, I will have time some days to rewrite some majors parts of
video.c related to palette / palettemask ; this code is a legacy from
winston, it's not accurate, it's quite a mess (counting line relative to
the 1st visible line instead of absolute hbl) and it could be perfectly
handled in a more general 'spec512' mode without that much slowdown
(maintaining this old code when dealing with complex borders removal is
horrible).

Nicolas