[hatari-devel] Strange bug when saving desktop preferences

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Sun Sep 18 00:24:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On lauantai 17 syyskuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > Both ACCs and DESKTOP.INF are in this case read from C:, so I don't
> > see why DESKTOP.INF wouldn't be written there too...
> >
> > This may also be TOS version specific behavior.  E.g. RSC search
> > order differs between them (current dir, program startup dir,
> > boot drive root, current drive root).
>
> Well, I find it odd that TOS doesn't save desktop.inf on the drive that
> was used to boot. Why would C: set to active drive if boot to hard disk
> is not enabled ?
>
> I don't see why C: would be prefered to A:, how does TOS choose to favor
> C: instead of A: ?

Hatari only sets two things, the 0x446 i.e. boot device and 0x4c2,
the connected drives bitmask.

So I assume TOS sees that C: exists and then decides to prefer that.

> So, this might not be a bug in Hatari (I have the same behaviour with
> Steem in fact), but I think it's a strange choice from the TOS.

If somebody has still a working HD (my megafile doesn't boot up anymore),
it would be nice if somebody could check on real HW whether ACCs etc are
loaded from A: or C: when both are present...