[hatari-devel] EmuTOS screen

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sat Aug 13 00:17:27 CEST 2011

Thomas Huth wrote:
> I've added a "fast boot" option now - when disabled, the EmuTOS splash
> screen now shows up (you need also<= 4 MiB RAM for this because EmuTOS
> can not detect more RAM without memvalid patching).

Good !

But that's confusing, the "fast boot" is simply ignored when the RAM is
set to > 4MB, I expected it would emulate a cold boot in that
configuration, even if the OS detects only 4 MB (BTW EmuTOS should be
improved to detect additional ST-RAM up to 14 MB).

Also, when the fast boot is disabled, Hatari always simulates a cold
boot, even on reset. That's not good, Hatari should emulate a warm boot
on reset. Or better: give the user to choose between warm or cold reset,
just like Steem.

--
Vincent Rivière