[hatari-devel] TOS crash when using gemdos pterm and HD emulation

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Thu Aug 4 21:36:54 CEST 2011

Le 04/08/2011 21:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On torstai 04 elokuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>> Le 04/08/2011 19:54, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

>>> I commited warning dialog saying:
>>> "GEMDOS HD emulation doesn't work properly with this TOS version,
>>>
>>>    please use at least TOS 1.04."
>>
>> Nitpicking on the word, but maybe we could use "might not work properly"
>> instead of "doesn't work properly", to be a little less restrictive ?
>> (because in most of the case it does work correctly)
>
> Maybe "All GEMDOS functionality cannot be properly emulated with
> this TOS version, please use at least TOS v1.04 for the HD directory
> emulation." ?

For me, this looks like "we're emulating gemdos func in all the cases
(even without HD) and this emulation doesn't work correctly with HD",
but in fact we emulate gemdos only when HD is used.

I think we should reorder the sentence to show it's only when hd is on :

"Please use at least TOS v1.04 for the HD directory emulation (some
required GEMDOS functionalities are not completly emulated with this TOS
version"

Nicolas