[hatari-devel] OS X binaries

Deniz Turkoglu turkoglu.deniz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:19:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thursday, July 21, 2011, Anders Eriksson  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's a package with OS X bins:
>
> http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/Hatari_1.5.0.tar.gz
> http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/Hatari_1.5.0.dmg
>
> It contains both the regular Hatari with UAE CPU, and a Hatari_Falcon with the WinUAE CPU. Both have libsdl and libpng inside the application bundle, so it shouldn't need to have those installed separately.
>
> I think the .dmg is best for distribution, while the .tar.gz could be good for Styckx (or somebody else without OS X) to check so the archive contain the desired files. I took the Windows release as reference, except readme.txt which was for v1.4 in the Windows version.
>
> We've tested the above package on OS X 10.6 and the brand new 10.7 with 64-bit CPU's (Core2Duo and Core i7) and there it works. Still don't know if it will work on OS X 10.5 or with a 32-bit CPU (Core Duo / Core Solo). One thing's for sure though; there's no PowerPC compatibility in this build, I simply don't know how to do that.
> --

I am not sure if the package will run on IA32, the instructions are
quite different for x64. Afaik, you can easily compile for IA32 using

export CFLAGS=-m32

@Thomas, you have a ppc, right? Does it compile/work on it?

For further releases we should aim for a one liner compilation so
everyone can build a static release binary, I guess for sdl best is to
bundle it as a framework.

-deniz