[hatari-devel] OS X binaries

Anders Eriksson ae at dhs.nu
Thu Jul 21 21:39:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

here's a package with OS X bins:

http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/Hatari_1.5.0.tar.gz
http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/Hatari_1.5.0.dmg

It contains both the regular Hatari with UAE CPU, and a Hatari_Falcon with
the WinUAE CPU. Both have libsdl and libpng inside the application bundle,
so it shouldn't need to have those installed separately.

I think the .dmg is best for distribution, while the .tar.gz could be good
for Styckx (or somebody else without OS X) to check so the archive contain
the desired files. I took the Windows release as reference, except
readme.txt which was for v1.4 in the Windows version.

We've tested the above package on OS X 10.6 and the brand new 10.7 with
64-bit CPU's (Core2Duo and Core i7) and there it works. Still don't know
if it will work on OS X 10.5 or with a 32-bit CPU (Core Duo / Core Solo).
One thing's for sure though; there's no PowerPC compatibility in this
build, I simply don't know how to do that.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae at dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/