[hatari-devel] portaudio missing in "the authors"

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Wed Jul 20 09:02:31 CEST 2011

 Hi!

Am Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:57:41 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede at corp.free.fr>:

> Le 19/07/2011 23:52, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > While reading the authors file, I've seen that portaudio is not in
> > the list. (at the end of the file).
> >
> > Is it normal or is it a forget ?
>
> It's a bit different, authors.txt names projects from which we took
> some code or some idea and included it in Hatari as some new code.
>
> This is not really the case of portaudio, it's an external library
> against which Hatari is linked, we don't use its code directly.
>
> We could have a section with all the used libraries : libpng,
> readline, portaudio, sdl, ... It would be more appropriate to refers
> used libraries in this place.

There is already a section about used libraries in the readme.txt file,
so I would not duplicate that to authors.txt again. I mean, if you
start listing the used libraries there, where do you stop? Would you
also list the X11 libraries, the C library, libgcc, ... ? No, that
does not make sense, especially since these can be different on each
host system.

 Thomas

PS: Congratulations for the 1.5 release - I gave it a try yesterday,
and it works like a charm :-)