[hatari-devel] Last checks before releasing 1.5

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Mon Jul 18 09:04:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

On sunnuntai 17 heinäkuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 17/07/2011 01:16, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> I tried the patch, and I'm not really fond of the fact that Hatari's
> screen is in top left corner, not centered.
>
> I think we can have this option, but we should stay compatible to what
> we had previously for STF/STE. Can you provide a patch that set default
> behaviour to "no" for STF/STE ? (and keep current behaviour for Falcon)

That will need then separate config / command line option, a separate
checkbox in the screen dialog and corresponding documentation options.

Let's do it after the release.

As to the new config & option names, the TT & Falcon ones are:
	bKeepResolution
	--desktop <bool>

What the ST/STE ones should be, maybe:
	bKeepResolutionSt
	--desktop-st <bool>
?

The screen dialog layout is also bothersome.  If I just add the ST/STE
option to the dialog, it looks like this:

  Hatari screen options        Keep desktop
                               resolution:
  [] Fullscreen   Frame skip:    [] ST/STE
                   o Off         [] TT/Falcon*
  Indicators:      o 1
   o Statusbar     o 2         *Max zoomed win:
   o Drive led     o 4           <- xxx ->
   o None          o Auto      x <- xxx ->

    Screen capture        [  Screenshot  ]

     [] Crop statusbar    [  Record AVI  ]

But it would be better to have the "keep desktop resolution" option
beside the fullscreen option.  Any suggestions on that?