[hatari-devel] Last checks before releasing 1.5

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Jul 17 23:10:42 CEST 2011

Le 17/07/2011 17:24, Deniz Turkoglu a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Anders Eriksson<ae at dhs.nu>  wrote:

>> I've compiled it on OS X and it ran thru as usual, no issues there.
>>
>> However as for providing binaries; I don't know how to compile it so that
>> libsdl and libpng is staticly linked with Hatari. The binaries I get relies
>> on those libs to be installed before running Hatari.

I don't know this part, there's certainly an option for this in gcc to
force static linking ; maybe Jerome Vernet will be able to provide such
binaries ?

>> On a personal note though, is there a way to revert the video recording
>> framerate to the old one? The new one severly breaks my toolchain for
>> recording and encoding videos, and I'm out of ideas how to solve it (been
>> struggling for the better part of today).

In what sense does it break the video recording ? Do you mean when you
try to reencode the video produced by Hatari to a lower bitrate your
encoder doesn't support an input frame rate of 50.053 ?

> You mean http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/rev/ef43fd8cd5b1 ?
>
> You can revert the patch without any harm or fix the params so the
> calculation is no longer precise for your instance :) We can also add
> a ui-flag to disable it on OSX it but I am not sure if this is a
> general use-case?

 From the command line, add "--avi-fps=50" to force the value written
into the avi header to 50 Hz.
Or in the [video] section of hatari.cfg, change AviRecordFps=0 to
AviRecordFps=50 for example.

But I would be interested if you can tell us more about what it breaks
in your case, maybe there's a way to handle it.

Nicolas