[hatari-devel] Last checks before releasing 1.5

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Jul 17 01:16:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

On sunnuntai 17 heinäkuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > One question, should I commit also the trivial patch that adds
> > --desktop (keep desktop resolution in fullscreen) support also for
> > ST/STE?
> >
> > The option is enable by default and with it the annoying delay when LCD
> > changes the resolution is gone, but ST/STE screen content will be in
> > the left top corner of the monitor (as current ST/STE screen code
> > doesn't support centering itself on screen and scaling is only 1x or
> > 2x).
>
> I don't remember this option ;

It's about using the same resolution in fullscreen as what your desktop
has regardless of Atari screen size.  That avoids the multi-second delay
that LCD screens have from changing the resolution.

In the current code the --desktop option affects only Falcon/TT Videl
code as I had left it out from ST/STE mode duo to things I stated above.

I.e. the question is mainly which is more annoying, the delay on switch
(which on LCDs is much larger than on CRTs) and resulting skips in audio,
or Atari screen being at left top corner and not scaled (as resolution
isn't changed).

> at the moment, if I press F11, Hatari in
> STF mode is centered in fullscreen, I don't see anything wrong here ?

That's because it changes the monitor resolution.

With the attached patch, resolution isn't changed and switch to fullscreen
is instant.  Then you can use "--desktop no" to tell Hatari to switch
resolution.

> I use 1280x1024 and I have in hatari.cfg :
>
> nMaxWidth = 832
> nMaxHeight = 576

	- Eero