[hatari-devel] Updated video recording frame rate

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Fri Jul 15 20:59:34 CEST 2011

Hello

I just updated the avi video recording to be able to support non integer
frame rate, as produced by a real ST (and as we emulate them now)

For example, video produced by an STE in PAL should give 50.053 frames
per sec, instead of the commonly used 50 fps. The difference is small,
less than 0.1%, but it will be more accurate.

Avi header supports non integer fps, so the avi files produced by Hatari
are following the specs and should not give playback problems (assuming
you use a capable video player).

I tested it with "More Or Less Zero" by DHS, video and audio stay
synchronised as intended during the whole demo, so I think this new avi
version should be OK.

This required a change in the functions' parameters, please test it
still compiles under OS X.

Nicolas