[hatari-devel] Moai demo as regressed a lot since hatari 1.4

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Fri Jul 15 00:10:32 CEST 2011

Le 15/07/2011 00:03, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've tried the program. I've just compiled it under genst (68030 mode).
>
> When I test it with hatari old cpu, st med resolution, I get $c392
>
> More interresting : when I launch it with newcpu, st med resolution,
> hatari freezes (the same way I've already seen with some demos).
> I have to kill the terminal.
>
> it seems to loop forever in do_specialties.
>
> Maybe this first bug should be removed before the release, as it freezes
> completely hatari.
> (except if you consider the new CPU as highly experimental, which is
> what it is for now).
>
> Regards
>
> Laurent

The only "special" instruction here is "stop 2300", it could be what
causes the problem in do_specialties. Maybe it's not frequently used in
falcon demos.

Try to comment the "stop" to see if the program runs without locking.

But I would not consider this to block hatari 1.5's release. Fixing
"stop" (if it's really the problem) involves a lot of work on
interrupts/exceptions and would take too much time for now.

Nicolas