[hatari-devel] Debugger usage examples?

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Jun 12 00:10:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

On lauantai 11 kesäkuu 2011, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Currently only command where expression doesn't need quoting is
> address breakpoint ("a").
>
> Same can be done for any command that either:
> - takes only a single input value and never more, or
> - all other input to the command is separated by some character
>   that cannot be used in the expressions.
>
> In case of "a" command, the options are separated with ':' character
> which isn't used by expressions.
>
> However, currently there aren't any other such commands,
> besides "a" and "c" (continue), but for "c" I didn't think
> non-quoted expression evalution to be necessary. :-)
>

> One possibility would be separate range values with some other character
> like ':' instead of '-':
> 	d $100:$200

Actually, after looking at the code, getting this:
	d pc
	d text

Working shouldn't be that hard.  I just need to add CPU/DSP flag to
Eval_Range() function calls and then user can give range start & end
addresses as also as varibles, registers or symbol values.

> Then you could instead of:
> 	d "pc"-"pc+$20"
> use:
> 	d pc:pc+$20
> 	d pc
>
> Same for the "m" command.

For arithmetic expressions ("pc+$20") and indirect addressing ("(a0)"),
one will still need quotes, but I don't those are needed that much.