[hatari-devel] start and break question

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Jun 5 17:58:25 CEST 2011

Le 05/06/2011 16:37, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Would it be esay to add an option that would let me lauch a program and
> break at the first instruction ?
>
> I think something like "SB (start and break)".
>
> On the desktop, I launch a program by double clicking on it's icon, then
> it loads, then the debugger breaks at the first instruction.
>
> It would then be easy to add breakpoints, trace the source without all
> the "loading garbage instructions, ..."
>
> Regards
>
> Laurent

It's not necessarily easy, I'm not sure there's a TOS function that is
called just before jumping at the start of the program.

But another way to do this is to run your program from MonST. Monst will
load the .prg but it will not run it. At this point you will know
where's the program's start and you can enter debuger, add breakpoint,

Nicolas