[hatari-devel] todo list

Laurent Sallafranque laurent.sallafranque at free.fr
Sun May 22 23:00:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've noticed the following remarks :

- Some Falcon games/demos only work with 32 MHz CPU emulation (might be
due to
   the fact that we don't emulate the 68030 cache yet?)

I don't think so.
At this point, I think that DSP is well emulated now.
I think newcpu 68030 code includes cache.

I think that 90% of all troubles in falcon emulation are related to
timings now.
(Videl, CPU, DMA timings, ...)

DSP emulation / Falcon sound matrix
-----------------------------------

- Improve the Port C (SSI) emulation (mixing of handshake and non
handshake transfers)

This is done for me. (MP2 sound)

     - Dsp SSI internal clock (is it used on falcon ?)

I'm not that sure that it is needed. I've never encountered any program
that works with the internal DSP clock.
I don't know if it is possible to use it with the falcon.
This would be useful only for a good DSP emulation.

- Improve the crossbar and SSI transfers in handshake mode

Again, I think it's done now. I think only timings problems remains.
(I maybe wrong) ;)

- Verify DSP instructions cycle count, especially with external RAM

I've done it, but another eye would be appreciate.

- Run-time toggling of DSP tracing

I think this is done too (what toggling means ?)

Regards

Laurent