[hatari-devel] Regression when restoring desktop.inf

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Wed May 18 21:46:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

On keskiviikko 18 toukokuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Yes, desktop.inf is correctly read in all case for me, because all
> windows are correctly restored at their right place. The only problem is
> that the resolution is not restored.
>
> I wonder if the tos tests some file attribute/date on desktop.inf to
> decide the resolution should be restored or not, and this could be the
> cause of the problem.

If you check the full GEMDOS trace, you see that it isn't doing any file
attribute/date checks.

The get trace just of the Desktop parsing and its effects, you can set up
breakpoint & tracing for it like this:
----
# run debugger commands from fopen.ini when Fopen() is called
echo "b GemdosOpcode = 0x3D :trace :file fopen.ini" > break.ini
# trace all kinds of things after that
echo "--bios-intercept --trace gemdos,xbios,fdc,io_all" > fopen.ini
# and exit Hatari after 4 VBLs
echo "setopt --run-vbls 4" >> fopen.ini
----

Then just do:
	hatari --tos tos162de.img --parse break.ini -d . 2>&1 trace.txt

To get trace of Gemdos & XBios and IO register reads & writes that start
from opening the desktop.inf and ending a bit after resolution would be
changed.  (FDC shows VBLs which helps in getting suitable --run-vbls value)

I didn't see anything suspicious there.