[hatari-devel] Regression when restoring desktop.inf

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue May 17 21:38:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On sunnuntai 15 toukokuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> I recently noticed that Hatari doesn't correctly restore the resolution
> when I boot in hd mode only.
>
> my C: drive contains a valid DESKTOP.INF, which is the result of saving
> the desktop in med res.
>
> If I run hatari 1.4 with tos 1.04 fr, desktop is correctly restored in
> med res.

Please verify that, as...

> If I run hatari from hg tree with tos 1.04 fr, desktop is restored in
> low res (but the windows are correctly restored on the desktop).
>
> So, only resolution is not restored (if I use tos 1.62, hatari dev is
> correctly restoring the resolution)
>
> So, the problem is  with tos 1.02 / 1.04 and  current Hatari dev :
> resolution is not restored.
> I wonder if this could have something to do with some recent changes
> regarding date/hd/gemdos ?
>
> Anyone can reproduce this ?

With TOS 1.02 & 1.04 it happens both with latest *and* v1.4.0 version
of Hatari, _both_ with floppy images and with Gemdos HD emu.

As with TOS 1.00, 1.62, 2.06, 3.06 KaosTos med-rez is restored fine, are you
sure it's not a TOS 1.02/1.04 issue instead of Hatari one?

	- Eero

PS. Have you already heard of the x86 emulator in JavaScript
(from the author of Qemu):
	http://bellard.org/jslinux/
?
:-)