[hatari-devel] Unable to compile hatari on Solaris 11

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Sat Apr 30 19:29:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On lauantai 30 huhtikuu 2011, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On Linux socket() is in the C-library, but it seems that no Solaris you
> need to add "-lsocket" to CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS, at least when
> HAVE_UNIX_DOMAIN_SOCKETS is enabled (socket() function is found by
> CMake).
>
> Does that fix your problem?

You should be able to test it by adding these arguments to the CMake
command:
 -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=-lsocket -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-lsocket

If it fixes the issue, I guess a comment about that is enough in the Hatari
readme.txt "Known issues" section (instead of e.g. adding Solaris version
specific check or check for whether C-library contains socket() to
CMakeLists.txt).