[hatari-devel] Choosing ym mixing method in the UI

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Tue Apr 12 00:13:25 CEST 2011

Le 11/04/2011 20:50, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On perjantai 08 huhtikuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>> Le 07/04/2011 22:55, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
>>> I noticed you added that, so I added the command line option.
>>>
>>> I won't have time to update the SDL UI sound dialog before next week,
>>> but you can in the meanwhile update the manual page&   HTML manual
>>> command line options documentation. :-)
>
> I commited the reworked SDL GUI Sound dialog + manpage&  manual update.

Hi

thanks a lot for the GUI (and for the doc, I didn't have time to update
it yet, but I couldn't make it better :) )

A part of my code in sound.c was not complete, because the volume
conversion table was built only when Hatari started, not when
YmVolumeMixing changed ; I added a call to Sound_SetYmVolumeMixing to
fix that.

Also, I changed YmVolumeMixing to 'table' by default. It will give a
better result when playing samples with the YM2149 (this also gives a
slightly higher volume output, but this shouldn't be a problem).

For those interested in hearing the difference, run YM50K or Flashback
by TCB (or any other demo with sample/soundtrack) and change the YM
mixing method in the sound menu while the demo is playing, you should
immediatly hear the improvement.

Nicolas