[hatari-devel] Some more demos that fail with 1.4

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sat Apr 9 00:29:54 CEST 2011

Le 25/03/2011 22:17, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

> * AFL pro fooball doesn't anymore freeze on startup:
>    http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/hatari-devel/2010q2/002284.html
>
>    But there's some screen update/color issue between the game halves
>    (when running a demo game) when panels from top&  bottom are scrolled
>    towards screen center.

During this part, the game is modifying ff8205/07/09 to change the video
address while the display is already on (at cycle 160) which is a very
bad practice.

Hatari should support this (more or less), as it was done in some demos
(EPSS if I recall) and worked. I get the same problem under Steem, are
you sure this game really works with no glitches on a real STE ?
Could someone with an STE test this ?
If it works on STE, I will dig deeper to try to fix this.

Nicolas