[hatari-devel] Mac OS X compilation problem (was: Problem in 20 years STe megademo)

Deniz Turkoglu turkoglu.deniz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 00:56:27 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Thomas Huth <huth at users.berlios.de> wrote:
> Am Sat, 01 Jan 2011 23:41:16 +0100
> schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede at corp.free.fr>:
>
>> Le 01/01/2011 22:43, Deniz Turkoglu a écrit :

>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I had contacted Thomas some time ago and he had recommended me to
>> > the join the list. I finally had the time to quickly go through the
>> > sources and I made a patch for this, available at
>> > http://www.mediafire.com/?oagy83g58m2piik
>> >
>> > I had to edit the nib file so the patch looks rather bigger than
>> > what it really is. I fixed the compilation problem, updated the
>> > string in dialog and made the menu item (record / stop record) work
>> > as record sound does, with a save dialog. I tried to clean up the
>> > code a bit as well but I am sure there is still some space for
>> > improvement :)
>> >
>> > -deniz
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> thanks for the patch. Could some other OSX users apply/test it and
>> give some feedback ?
>>
>> I can't test it myself, but if it's OK for other users, I will apply
>> the patch to source tree.
>

> Has this patch ever been applied? If not, I think this might fix the
> problems that Anders just reported in another mail thread again...
>
>  Thomas

The problem is the UI that is unique to OSX, there is a native UI for
mac which differs from the regular UI used in linux, and they are
pretty much out of sync. I actually wanted to have a go at cleaning up
the UI but didn't have the time. Btw the IBActions that matches the
methods are removed at commit
http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/rev/f23ba86b69c5 ?

I have updated the patch so now it respects NSString being immutable,
you can find it attached :) the French localization is still missing
though.

cheers,
-deniz