[hatari-devel] Falcon emu and STE compatibility (D-Bug games)

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Feb 20 20:02:49 CET 2011

Le 20/02/2011 19:51, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Ok for the renaiming, but I think everything's done now.
>
>  > But maybe "isFalconInSteMode" could be renamed "isFalconInSteBusMode"
> ? Full STE mode means bus + cpu speed + blitter speed + dma sound
>
> Nearly OK here.
>
> Full STe mode means STE mode bus + ( cpu speed + blitter speed) at 8 Mhz.
> That's what we have.
>
> Only thing to finish is to use all functions of $ff8007.b (having a CPU
> at 16 Mhz and a blitter at 8 for example).
> Or disable the blitter is another one.
> (I don't think many programs use this anyway, so what we have actually
> seems suffisant for our needs).
>

> DMA sound is another part taken into account into the crossbar.
> Everything is already implemented for Ste emulation sound.

Hello

Of course, I didn't mean STE mode was not nearly ready in falcon's
emulation, it was more about the meaning of the variable. If
isFalconInSteMode means setting blitter+cpu at 8 MHz, bus errors,
shifter and dma sound, then I'm OK with keeping it named this way.

But if we want to split each bit of $ff8207 in a separate case, I think
it's better to have one variable for each bit ; in this case,
isFalconInSteMode was only used for the bus, that's why I thought it
would be better to add "Bus" in its name.
We could then have a higher level "isFalconInSteMode" variable that
would imply isFalconInSteBusMode=1 + dmasound + 8 MHz + shifter.

Regards

Nicolas