[hatari-devel] Falcon emu and STE compatibility (D-Bug games)

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Sat Feb 19 15:10:46 CET 2011

Am Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:44:30 +0100
schrieb Laurent Sallafranque <laurent.sallafranque at free.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded source for full Ste bus compatibility mode (Falcon mode
> only).
>
> I didn't want to create a new ioMemTabFalconSteMode table (no need to
> maintain 2 tables with the same parameters), so I've done it this way.
>
> Don't hesitate to tell me if you would have preferred another way.

I think it is ok to do it this way, but ... the two IoMem_Init*()
functions are pretty much the same, except for the "Initialize STe
bus specific registers for Falcon" for-loop block.
Could you maybe merge that code block in the original IoMem_Init()
function instead, so that we do not have so much duplicated code?

Concerning the PSG shadow registers, I think they are not working on
the Falcon in STE bus mode ... they just don't generate a bus error
anymore when you try to access them in compatible bus mode.

 Thomas