[hatari-devel] Fullscreen / dualhead bug

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Thu Feb 10 11:28:10 CET 2011

Le 10/02/2011 11:14, Anders Eriksson a écrit :

> So SDL fucks up Hatari on Linux and it fucks up Hatari on OS X. Styckx
> is trying to improve timing accuracy by going around SDL. One can start
> to wonder if SDL is just a quick-fix and not that good in the long run.

Hello,

the changes I made for timings are not necessary to go around SDL,
looking at the SDL source code you can see that their code is not bad in
itself, it's just that they decided they won't go for more than milli
second precision. Why not, that's their decision at the time.

Once again, the problem is not SDL, it's a good portable library ; the
problem is certainly the lack of coders for SDL (especially OSX ones) to
help improving/maintaining it on all OSes.

The problem is just this : we don't have any other alternatives.

Unless more coders want to join Hatari to build native Qt / gtk /
whatever-toolkit-they-like, the problem will always come to the same
point : we don't have enough coders, and amongst the few we have no one
has time (or interest) to rebuild a full UI replacement for each OS.

Patches are welcome, we already have src/gui-osx we can add more, it's
just up to the people interested in this to wave their hand :)

Nicolas