[hatari-devel] Cebit93 demo seems to run well too (no more screen update problems)

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Thu Jan 27 00:00:48 CET 2011

Le 26/01/2011 23:50, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :

> True again, but for VBL, HBL, and Videl, I think there should be 2 video.c
> The Videl code should embbed the whole hbl, vbl and display code (as I
> did for the crossbar, where I've recoded the DMA code).
>
> As for sound where we choose between ST dma or Crossbar code, video
> should choose between video.c (ST, STE, TT ?) and videl.c (Falcon).
>
> Like this, the HBL, and the VBL would be Videl specific and not
> "disturbed" by all the specific shifter particularities.
>
> That's why I'd like to rewrite everything.

You don't have to rewrite everything, just add a few hooks.

Video_InterruptHandler_VBL can be kept ; you would just need to create a
"Video_StartInterrupts_Falcon" function that starts HBL/Timer B (or
whatever exist under videl).

Then in Video_InterruptHandler_HBL() for example immediatly calls
Video_InterruptHandler_HBL_Falcon if machine == FALCON.

Then all code just have to be changed in falcon/ files, which limits
possible regressions in ST/STE mode.

Nicolas