[hatari-devel] Issues after restoring a memory snapshot

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Wed Jan 26 21:12:52 CET 2011

Hi,

On keskiviikko 26 tammikuu 2011, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 26/01/2011 20:02, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > Btw. Sometimes I'm able to get the diesel sound just by opening the
> > Hatari Options dialog during Mahab demo.  I've seen that to happen
> > only with Falcon emulation.  Nicolas, maybe you have some comment to
> > that?
>
> No, no comment, sorry :) I would need to really dive into falcon docs,
> but I have no time to do this seriously at the moment.

That wasn't a Falcon emulation specific question, but question about
how the data after emulating goes to SDL and keeps there. :-)

When the Options dialog is entered, Audio_EnableAudio(false) is called,
which does just:
                SDL_PauseAudio(true);
                bPlayingBuffer = false;

How that can stop ST sound, but not Crossbar sound?

According to SDL_PauseAudio() man page: "Silence will be written to
the  audio  device during the pause."

	- Eero

PS. Why bPlayingBuffer in audio.c is non-static and volatile?
It's used only inside Audio_EnableAudio()...