[hatari-devel] DSP external Memory timings fixed

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Tue Jan 11 22:15:15 CET 2011

Hi,

On tiistai 11 tammikuu 2011, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> I've found in the "atari developer's guide" that the DSP external memory
> is 0 waitstate.  I've fixed the code.
>
> Now, Illusion demo runs with music and there's no more DSP stack error.

Aura's "E.X.Illusion"?  Although later in the demo there's 40% free CPU,
this has pretty horrible sound even tthen and eventually the demo gets
(still) stuck for me.

Most of the demo (several minutes from beginning) uses nearly 90% of CPU
with Hatari so this might be a good one to profile with Valgrind / Callgrind
/ KCachegrind too.

> I haven't verified if this corrects other problems.

I tested couple of other demos with stack overflow/underflow issue and
it didn't affect them.

Btw. while testing this with some demos, I noticed that e.g. "Stocasto"
cannot be started with "autostart" (autogenerated newdesk.inf) although
it starts fine when double clicked from desktop using same Hatari settings.

Does anybody have any idea why?