[hatari-devel] Hatari UI; Installation and Syntax

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Tue Dec 28 20:07:57 CET 2010

Hi,

On maanantai 27 joulukuu 2010, David Savinkoff wrote:
> 1) Shouldn't
> /tmp/local/share/hatari/hconsole/hconsole.py

At least on my setup it goes to:
	/usr/local/share/hatari/hconsole/
?

> have a wrapper installed into
> /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin ?

It's intended more for experimenting how to use Hatari remote UI (which is
about same as XBios(255) Hatari API) or as a module you import when building
your own scripting around Hatari so running it from Hatari hg repo or
/usr/share seemed fine to me.  Its manual page tells where one finds it
+ hatariui manual page has reference to hconsole so it's not completely
hidden...

> 2) Hatariui gives me a SyntaxError
>
> $ ./hatariui
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./../share/hatari/hatariui/hatariui.py", line 29, in ?
>     from debugui import HatariDebugUI
>   File "/tmp/local/share/hatari/hatariui/debugui.py", line 25, in ?
>     from uihelpers import UInfo, create_button, create_toggle, \
>   File "/tmp/local/share/hatari/hatariui/uihelpers.py", line 351
>     class FselAndEjectFactory():
>                               ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> $
>
> How I fixed it on my system (pygtk2 2.10.1 and python 2.4.3)

Those work with Python 2.5 & 2.6, but removing the redundant ()
doesn't hurt either, so I commited your fix.  Thanks!

> Removing () allows my system to work, shown below:
> line 351
> class FselAndEjectFactory():
> class FselAndEjectFactory:
>
> line 383
> class FselEntry():
> class FselEntry:

Was that the only problem with Python 2.4?