[hatari-devel] AVI/screenshot/YM/Wav save path

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Wed Nov 24 00:23:27 CET 2010

Hi,

(I renamed the subject)

On Tuesday 23 November 2010, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 22/11/2010 23:10, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > I think something similar should be done also for the file path.
> > Currently it will save the directory where Hatari was first started,
> > but it might be better to use as default either:
> > * an empty string which would means current dir&  default name, or
> > * just a file name without a path

Hm, I just remembered that debugger has now a function for changing
the "current" dir which might confuse user if one doesn't remember that...?

> > (Screenshot functionality would need a similar feature, there's a
> > mention about it in the todo.txt file.)
>
> it's true that depending on the current dir, it's not always easy to
> find where the file was created.

When starting the recording from the UI instead of with shortcut, maybe it
would be better if it would give user a file selector with current dir
and "hatari.avi" name prefilled, so that user can change them if needed?

> Maybe we could create it in $HOME by default if there's no filepath ?

Or that path isn't writable for some reason...

> (do we have a function to get $HOME on windows ?)

The Paths_GetUserHome() from paths.c works is supposed to work also
for Windows.  If it doesn't find a suitable env variable, it uses current
directory.

> As you said, this should be applied to screenshot, but also to ym/wav
> recording.

Right.

> >> Regarding the UI, if there's enough room, we could put a 'crop'
> >> checkbox and an 'fps' box (auto or a number).
> >
> > I think the crop option should apply both to screenshots and to videos,
> > so I moved it to [Screen] section and renamed the --avi-crop option
> > just to --crop.  See the attached patch.
> >
> > Additionally I noticed some dead variables that aren't anymore used
> > after you added AVI recording so removed those too, both from
> > screenshot code and the Screen.bCaptureChange in the configuration.
> >
> > Is that OK for everybody?
>
> This looks ok to me, it makes sense to have cropping for screenshot too.

Ok, commited with a fix.