[hatari-devel] WinUae CPU for hatari

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue Nov 2 20:23:23 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 November 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> That seems to give:
> 	warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
>
> So just use:
> 	#define L ""
>
> Then things like this:
> 	L"foobar"
> are converted to:
> 	"""foobar"
>
> (GCC concatenates strings like that, so it should work fine.)

Sorry, I tested this and it actually doesn't seem to have any effect unless
the strings are declared with a space between the L and the string
(but they're together in winaue code).

So, these strings are always interpreted as C++ wide chars(?):
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++0x#New_string_literals

After looking at the original WinAUE source code, I think this might
actually have been solved easiest with:
	#define TCHAR wchar_t

As the write_log() etc functions to which these L"" strings were given
had TCHAR* as arguments.