[hatari-devel] Bug report: USB joypad axis

Matthias Arndt marndt at asmsoftware.de
Tue Nov 2 17:41:50 CET 2010

Hello together,

with my old gamepad it worked but it seems not all USB gamepads are
created equal.

I bought a simple cheap Speedlink Hornet USB gamepad and the axis do not
work correctly with the current Hatari  (build from yesterday).

The test program jstest shows me axis events, but on axis 3 and 4, not 0
and 1 as usual. Hatari seems not to cope with them yet but there should
be some solution, maybe simply make the axis in use configurable or
allow a sort of autodetect.

With MAME the problem is SIMILAR but MAME already offers configurability
of the axis so the problem can be bypassed.

In the mean time, is there a kernel side patch to make the axis events
show up on axis 0 and 1 instead?

Seems to be related on how exactly the HID driver maps the inputs :(

Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt at asmsoftware.de>
PGP-Key: http://www.final-memory.org/files/marndt.asc   ICQ: 40358321