[hatari-devel] WinUae CPU for hatari

Laurent Sallafranque laurent.sallafranque at free.fr
Mon Nov 1 23:34:27 CET 2010

Hello,

I've uploaded some files.
This just let newcpu.c to compile.
Next step is fpp.c to compile.

The main changes I had to implement until now :

- add of compat.h
- rewrite TRY / CATCH in cpummu and newcpu
- I've added a new define : AMIGA_ONLY ( to avoid compilation of amiga
only parts).
   Tell me if this is ok for you or if I should to it in another way
- I've also added some comments with Laurent as a tag. At these place,
I've added a comment because I don't know what to do.
- I've kept the oldUAE memory.c and memory.h files instead of the new
ones from winuae.
I don't know yet if this can have an impact on the new Winuae core we're
trying to implement. (Eero : This explain why there are spaces instead
of tabs in the hg diff of this file)

I think there'll be soon 2 problems :

1) We'll need to adapt all these files to our own needs.
So compatibility with original files will decrease (I think at newcpu.c
file for example).

2) We'll need to change some parts of hatari's code that won't allow
compatibility between oldcpu and newcpu (except if we include lot's of
ifdefs but code may become too heavy and horrible to read).

I think at old variable "cpu_level" used in hatari's GUI for example.
It seems that this variable doesn't exist anymore and is replaced by :
cpu_model
So, we'll have to modify the GUI to allow new cpus, mmus, ..., or create
a new directory for new parameters, or stop the old branch, ...

There'll be soon a decision to take.

Regards,

Laurent