[hatari-devel] Proposal for a new disassembler in Hatari (2nd try)

Mickael Pointier mike at defence-force.org
Wed Oct 20 18:26:01 CEST 2010

Le 16/10/2010 02:56, Markus Fritze a écrit :
> *Hi,*
> *
> *
> *I still don't like the weird disassembly output in Hatari, so I wrote
> my own (68000..68060/CPU32/PMMU/FPU) disassembler under my own GPL
> compatible license :-) I've tested the output against other
> disassemblers, noticed they have a bunch of bugs. And tuned it a bit...*
> *
> *
> *Feedback, please :-)*
> *
> *
Mostly I don't like it, in the same way I don't like what EasyRider or
most disassemblers are showing :)

Call me weird, but I like everything to be in lowercase (except the
function calls that I use in MixeCased and my debugging macros in
UPPER_CASE_WITH_UNDERSCORES), without any tabs to align everything.

I also almost never write the parenthesis, and tend to not put the .w
after instructions where it's the default size (admittedly I'm not
consistent on that one...).

My point is mostly that if you stick to one single way of presenting
stuff, there's always going to have somebody who would prefer a
different way. So possibly a kind of parametrized pretty printer would
be nice to have, if only as to make it possible to reassemble the code
(as pointed out by Nicolas).

Parameters I can think of:
- Reassemble on/off (defines if the address and hex dump on the left
side is shown or not)
- Tabulate/align on/off (defines if there's fixed spacing or just one
space to separate the instruction from the parameters
- Something to define if you get "($1234).w" or "$1234.w"
- Something to define the case of opcodes/registers

Feel free to ignore me totally :)

     Dbug