[hatari-devel] Some news

Nicolas Pomarède npomarede at corp.free.fr
Fri Oct 8 11:54:02 CEST 2010

Le 08/10/2010 11:47, Miro Kropacek a écrit :
>      From what is said (MMU is the main and nearly only gain), I was
>     just thinking about 2 ways for doing it :
>
> Anders (another great coder ;-) already mentioned one cool thing --
> UAE-JIT. If you're looking for something worth the work of porting, this
> is it, far more than MMU need. At least in my humble democoder's opinion :)

A few years ago, I had the feeling that uae-jit was more limited than
the normal cpu core and some programs couldn't run when jit was used.
Porting uae-jit into hatari would not be possible I think, this is
another code branch than normal uae core, with different patches that
would need to be adapted again. Quite a lot of work.

I think the only way to go is to integrate winuae, this is the only
actively maintained 68000's cpu for amiga/atari type of computers.