[hatari-devel] Redirecting CON: to console

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Thu Oct 7 22:31:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 07 October 2010, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Anyway, simply hooking the console output at the BIOS level should do the
> expected thing in all cases, isn't it ?

At least that seemed to solve it for EmuTOS console and Gulam[1],
so I commited it to repo.

As Gulam outputs VT52 escape sequences and non-ASCII characters,
I implemented small state machine to igonore the former and map latter
to ASCII chars.

After starting Hatari, you can enable this from the debugger with:
	setopt --bios-intercept

	- Eero

[1] Old, but nice & feature packed shell for single-TOS, it includes even
    a text editor into 90kB binary. (for MiNT one should use one of
    the real shells though, gulam takes lots of shortcuts)