[hatari-devel] Using more GCC warnings?

Matthias Arndt marndt at asmsoftware.de
Sat Sep 18 15:18:43 CEST 2010

Am Samstag, den 18.09.2010, 14:48 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Pomarède:
> Hello,
>
> I would have the same opinion as Thomas on this, I really don't like
> when code gets crippled by some gcc's specific statements. I think it
> makes the whole code less easy to read and can potentialy stop new
> developers interested in emulation but not in the inner gcc's work.
> [..]
> Nicolas

I'm with Thomas and Nicolas, I personally prefer not to have compiler
specific options or keywords if at all possible. This only adds to
portability.

If you need compiler specific keywords, make sure to encapsulate them in
#define statements so they can be redefined for otehr compilers without
cluttering all source files.

ANSI C is a perfect standard and can be followed.

cheers,
Matthias

--
Matthias Arndt <marndt at asmsoftware.de>