[hatari-devel] Bugs and GUI (Was: Little AceTracker question)

Jerome Vernet vernet.jerome at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 18 12:31:04 CEST 2010

  Hi,

Sorry I have only intermittent access to a (not so) public HotSpot (I
needed to hack it ;) ).

Le 18/07/10 11:17, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 18 July 2010, Anders Eriksson wrote:
>> Anyway here are snaps from all parts of Hatari 1.4.0 on OS X:
>>
>> http://ae.dhs.nu/pics/Hatari140_OSX/
> Thanks, this is quite nice&  interesting. :-)
>
> What's the "Hatari help" thingy and what "Search" does?
Help send the user to the Berlios Hatari pages. Search do nothing. There
may be a way to remove it, or need to build a real help for Hatari.
> What the debugger looks like?  Does it have support for reading
> debugger commands from file (like the builtin debugger has)?
Nothing if you ran it from the finder. If launched from command line, it
show the same console debugger as for Hatari/linux. I tried to find a
way to embed a console in a MacOsX Windows. It should be possible.

> Other comments:
>
> * The "Enable debugger interface" option most likely should be named
>    "Invoke debugger on exceptions".
>
> * Who uses "Enable Bios/Xbios interception" and for what kind things?
>    Only thing I've myself used it so far is tracing Bios&  Xbios, but OSX UI
>    doesn't support setting tracing options (like my Python/Gtk GUI does[1]).
Nobody. Are here because they are options in command line, but need to
be removed.
> * "New floppy image" dialog misses support for creating HD (1.44MB)
>    and ED (2.88MB) disk images.
Ok, added to my todo list.
> * The "Falcon/TT aspect ratio" setting is useless except for debugging
>    changes to Hatari's scaling code, so I think there's no point in offering
>    it to users.
Ok, removed
>    What the "Zoom ST-lowres." option is supposed to do?
>    (There's a --zoom command line option in Hatari, but it just selects one
>    of the pre-defined max. sizes which therefore overrides user's own max
>    settings + that code is not callable from GUI code)
It's an erro in the English Nib files. Used in the french version for
ST/STe border.
> * Avi&  sound recording options seem to be missing.  Btw. in case you
>    haven't noticed, Hatari will automatically save either in YM or WAV format
>    based on filename extension. :-)
Added.
?
> * Joystick keys configuration is missing.
>    (I don't have them in Python/Gtk UI either)
May be hard to do ?
> * MIDI input file setting is missing.
Added
> * System settings screen looks pretty cramped.  IMHO it's  bad idea to stuff
>    memory settings there too + there's no support for saving&  restoring
>    emulation memory state.

It's in the File menu (Memory Snapshot)