[hatari-devel] Getting OS call opcode from stack?

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sat Jun 26 23:17:43 CEST 2010

Gerhard Stoll wrote:
> In debugInfo.c#DebugInfo_OSHeader stand:
> fprintf(stderr, "OS RAM end+1 : 0x%06x\n", STMemory_ReadLong(sysbase+0x0C));
>
> But why "+1". My information is that sysbase+0x0c is the first byte which is
> not used from the OS.

Both are correct !

The memory contains "OS RAM" and just after there is "RAM not used from the OS".

The address of the last byte of the first area + 1 is equal to the address
of the first byte of the second area.

For me, the simplest definition of sysbase+0x0c would be :
"End of the operating system's BSS segment".

--
Vincent Rivière