[hatari-devel] Getting OS call opcode from stack?

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Thu Jun 24 23:21:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 June 2010, Gerhard Stoll wrote:
> ET> My old GEM programmer's reference book seems to mention only 0xC8 as
> ET> signature for AES calls, what the 0xC9 (201) is for?
>
> It is like appl_yield() in PC-GEM 2.0.
>
> http://toshyp.atari.org/en/008003.html

Does the 201 version have also a Control array like the rest of the AES
calls, with some opcode in it?  Or should I just map anything having 201
in D0 (when trap(2) is called) to appl_yield() opcode (17)?

On Thursday 17 June 2010, Gerhard Stoll wrote:
> > I commited the BIOS/XBIOS/GEMDOS/VDI/AES/Line-A/Line-F opcode
>
> I don´t know if it necessary but there is also
>   move.w #-2, do
>   trap 2
> in the VDI.
>
> http://toshyp.atari.org/en/VDI_fundamentals.html#About_20the_20GDOS

And does this one have a control stucture with some opcode like rest
of the VDI calls?  Or should I just map it to -2 ($FFFD as I'm handling the
opcodes as shorts)?

Thanks!