[hatari-devel] Makefiles removal?

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue Jun 15 01:02:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 June 2010, Thomas Huth wrote:
> Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:
> > There's no need to have CMake stuff in the tests directory as it just
> > adds an extra step to testing (running of cmake) and otherwise
> > complicates things, so I think the Makefile can just be added back
> > there (with some stuff from the old Makefile.cnf included directly
> > into it).
>
> Ok, maybe I really was a little bit to overhasty there, sorry for that,
> I've added the Makefile back to that folder.

Great, thanks!

I'll probably put the debugger tests eventually to its own subdirectory
under tests/.  I think the top directory could just have subdirs for
different test things, some of them intended to be run on the host, some
on the emulated Atari.

> Concerning the mudflap support in CMake / your patch, I'll try to have a
> look at it tomorrow, it's getting late today already...

I assume the problem I had with CMake was due to the older version that
Debian stable has.  But I wouldn't like to build newer version from sources
though, now I can work as a guinea-pig for issues that other Debian stable
users might encounter when building Hatari with Debian's default CMake. :-)

I'm still hopeful that new Debian stable release comes still this year, and
that the CMake version in Debian testing (currently v2.8.1 which is latest
upstream release) is less buggy than the v2.6.0 I have in current Debian
stable...