[hatari-devel] Little AceTracker question

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Jun 12 14:29:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 June 2010, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> >> BTW. I wish we could use uncompressed video recording, PNG is
> >> reaaaally slow to save 640x480 screens when there is some graphics
> >> (also true for ST-LOW with detailed graphics).
> >
> > There is.  Just use "--avi-vcodec bmp".
> >
> > It's good to check "hatari --help" now and then (or Hatari manual
> > page), it contains stuff that's not available from the UI. :-)
>
> Thanks for the information.

Did that help (significantly)?

If yes, I could add a note about it to manual's performance section...

Btw. Is there anything else besides "--drive-led off" that you think should
be mentioned as having more effect on OSX than on other platforms?

On Wednesday 09 June 2010, Anders Eriksson wrote:
>> It's a *lot* more work to have it in the UI and it really
>> doesn't make sense to have everything in the UI.
>
> I couldn't disagree more to that.

When sending your "no work" patch for the UI part and an update to the HTML
manual, remember that PNG support is optional and that needs to be taken
into account in the UI. To make it nicely, you probably need to add
support for dimmed options to the SDL GUI. :-)