[hatari-devel] Suggestion about small additions for v1.4

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Mon May 24 22:25:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 May 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 May 2010, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> > > Attached is mostly untested patch for adding question on whether the
> > > (last) succesfully created disk image should be inserted to drive A:.
> > > I think drive B: is too rare case to worry about (and it would need
> > > creating a new dialog).
> >
> > Thanks for this patch, I hope it goes into the repo as well :) However
> > having an alert with three options should be doable?
> >
> > Mount A:  | Mount B:  | Don't mount
>
> It's of course doable, but would need more code and is something that
> can be done later.

I had some extra time, so I completed this.  As it's a general usability
improvement,  doesn't need updating manual, is fairly isolated & seemed
to work fine, I pushed it to repo:
	http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/rev/8195baf82d1b

Anders, could you verify that it works fine?

> > > Hatari doesn't have any control over refresh rate or how
> > > fullscreening is implemented, only what what window/screen size it
> > > would like to have. Rest is (intentionally) hidden by SDL.
> >
> > Yes, that's why the technicque of changing resolution is flawed to
> > begin with. Fullscreen should use the _current_ resolution without any
> > change and scale the graphics accordingly.
>
> Hm.  After some googling, an API seems to have been added to SDL
> in v1.2.10 to get the current resolution:
> 	http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_VideoInfo
>
> I assume it would need to be called before setting the Hatari window size
> for the first time.
>
> Does anybody know whether there are still used/updated Linux
> distributions or OSX / Windows / BSD versions which ship with an older
> version of SDL?

Anybody?   Do all distros still being maintained have at least SDL v1.2.10?