[hatari-devel] Suggestion about small additions for v1.4

Kåre Andersen kareandersen at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:45:18 CEST 2010

On 13. mai 2010, at 14.18, Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome at wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

> Le 13/05/10 13:47, Anders Eriksson a écrit :
>>
>> Thank you Jerome for beliving me :-)
>>
> But it's not Hatari, it's only SDL on MacOsX. I found that my build
> with SDL 1.3 is faster than with 1.2, you can try.
>> In indeed yes, eUAE really got quick when the moved up to SDL-OpenGL.
> It's a very hard task to convert everything to OpenGL.

Well, today I have actually hacked in new preliminary support for
offscreen rendering and OpenGL blitting (using the offscreen buffer as
a texture). And it works :)

I'm busy for a few hours now, but I'll clean things up tonight and
share it with whoever is interested...

Big bonus: OpenGL scales the window for us, so one can click the
window fuller button and get "fullscreen" at virtually no cost (no
Eero probably, not on your hardware setup ;-) )

Next logical step would be to coordinate efforts with Jerome and
migrate to SDL 1.3.

What do you guys think?

-Kaare