[hatari-devel] Linking with readline (was: Problem in falcon mode ?)

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Apr 25 00:46:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 25 April 2010, David Savinkoff wrote:
> On my system, readline needs ncurses or curses or termcap as a
> dependency. Probably readline 'will' work without the aforementioned.
> However, the linker finds unresolved symbols later in the compilation
> and bails. So, if readline is not used, everything works. If readline is
> used without one of the aforementioned dependencies 'a lot' fails
> because readline notably (see INSTALL notes) offers the functionality
> of curses, and is linked into 'a lot' without its assumed dependency.

Please provide build logs with these errors.

I don't believe CentOS would just have that broken readline library
(then even "ldd" call on your readline library wouldn't find all the libs).

> The patch attempts to link readline's dependency, - on systems that
> fail the first 'check_function_exists', wherever readline is linked.
> Another solution would be to suppress the unresolved symbols error.
> Another solution would be to do nothing because this problem has been
> properly solved. I'm curious to know if hatari compiles with cmake
> on fedora 12. I'll bet it works because it "can't not ?!".
>
> In the course of chiseling at this one, I found a 'whitespace' error
> in FindPortAudio.cmake. This may be the problem Laurent had
> with portaudio.

Thomas commited a fix to portaudio CMake file, could you pull the latest
sources and test whether they build better?