[hatari-devel] LMC1992 and Microwire emulation

Laurent Sallafranque laurent.sallafranque at free.fr
Wed Mar 31 23:19:28 CEST 2010

> STE stereo music is again broken in PowerUp game.

That's normal, I've never committed my patch.
I think the patch I wrote is the correct way to go, but unfortunately,
it generates more regressions than adds for now.
I've certainly missed something, but I don't know what yet.

I continue to search on this way.

Some problems and thinkings :

- When mixing sound, every value (DMA and Yamaha) is divided by 2 and
then added.
Maybe sound is lower when there's only DMA sound for example (in this
case, it should not be divided by 2). The same if there's only yamaha's
sound.

- In dma_sound_generate_sample, the first test is :

    if (!(nDmaSoundControl & DMASNDCTRL_PLAY))
        return;

Which mean that if there's no DMA sound, yahama's sound won't benefit of
the LMC1992 filters, bass, treble and volume .

Regards

Laurent