[hatari-devel] LMC1992 and Microwire emulation

Matthias Arndt marndt at asmsoftware.de
Wed Mar 31 22:23:50 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 31.03.2010, 22:40 +0300 schrieb Eero Tamminen:
> Good:
>
> Attackwave sound is still OK (better than before patches).
>
> If in "Penta" game one selects both "Music and effects", there were sound
> glitches when moving the focus in game menu, that's now fixed (or at least
> better).

I strongly suggest you leave my games out of your regression tests.
The volume levels and mixing is not perfect on *ALL* platforms on which
the games should run. Actually I'm not even satisfied with the levels on
the STE which should be the reference.

Did you ever try to make mixing both YM music and DMA Sound volume
output acceptable for STE, Falcon, STEEM, Saint and Hatari *without*
having 5 different sample sets? And with the added problem that you
cannot adjust the YM volume easily as the YM tracker data formats are
fixed and have normally no open callback to adjust volume?

Just to make you think about it...
Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt at asmsoftware.de>